The project Deployment Step 2.2, submitted in February, is now approved by swissuniversities.
From August on several universities will start the adoption planning, supported by federal funds in the framework of the Deployment Step 2 phase:
- Berner Fachhochschule
- Fachhochschule St. Gallen
- Haute école spécialisée de Suisse occidentale
- Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Chur
- Hochschule für Wirtschaft Zürich
- Pädagogische Hochschule Bern
- Université de Neuchâtel
- Zürcher Hochschule der Künste.
The following universities plan the implementation of SWITCH edu-ID in 2018/19:
- Hochschule Luzern
- Pädagogische Hochschule Schwyz
- Pädagogische Hochschule Zug
- Université de Lausanne
- Universität Luzern
- Universität St. Gallen
- Zürcher Hochschule für Angewandte Wissenschaften.
The list of participating organisations is regularly updated and available at https://projects.switch.ch/eduid/adoption/
As functional extension especially the work package “Microsoft integration” has to be mentioned. First approaches have been presented in a demo at our Update Event in June. Interested universities have already agreed to participate in a follow-up workshop in September.
Future entry points for Universities
SWITCH will submit a framework project in August for 2019 and 2020, since swissuniversities has announced that there will be no later input options.
This framework project will propose entry points for universities at the beginning and middle of the year in the form of sub-projects. Therefore there’s no need for universities to participate in the August call.
Foreseen submission dates for such sub-projects are:
- 30.11.18 (start January 2019) (subject to approval)
- 31.5.2019 (start July 2019)
- 30.11.2019 (start January 2020)
- 31.3.2020 (if there is still funding available; start May 2020)
This will allow universities to start a planning or adoption project without a long forerun and with minimal administrative effort.
Nevertheless the adoption of SWITCH edu-ID has to be planned carefully and might need 6-12 months preparation and a project plan approved by the universities management.
The funding covers max. 50% of the costs for planning and adoption – approximately 2 man months as a whole per university.
As soon as the input form for sub-projects is available we will inform via this blog and our newsletter about it.